Surah Al-Anbiyah’ (The Prophets) is the chapter no 21 of Holy Quran.
1. Draws near for mankind their reckoning, while they turn away in heedlessness.
2. Comes not unto them an admonition (a chapter of the Qur’an) from their Lord as a recent revelation but they listen to it while they play,
3. With their hearts occupied (with evil things) those who do wrong, conceal their private counsels, (saying): “Is this (Muhammad (PBUH)) more than a human being like you? Will you submit to magic while you see it?”
4. He (Muhammad (PBUH)) said: “My Lord knows (every) word (spoken) in the heavens and on earth. And He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.”
5. Nay, they say:”These (revelations of the Qur’an which are inspired to Muhammad (PBUH)) are mixed up false dreams! Nay, he has invented it! Nay, he is a poet! Let him then bring us an Ayah (sign as a proof) like the ones (Prophets) that were sent before (with signs)!”
7. And We sent not before you (O Muhammad (PBUH)) but men to whom We inspired, so ask the people of the Reminder [Scriptures – the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel)] if you do not know.
10. Indeed, We have sent down for you (O mankind) a Book, (the Qur’an) in which there is Dhikrukum, (your Reminder or an honour for you i.e. honour for the one who follows the teaching of the Qur’an and acts on its orders). Will you not then understand?
18. Nay, We fling (send down) the truth (this Qur’an) against the falsehood (disbelief), so it destroys it, and behold, it (falsehood) is vanished. And woe to you for that (lie) which you ascribe (to Us) (against Allah by uttering that Allah has a wife and a son).
22. Had there been therein (in the heavens and the earth) gods besides Allah, then verily both would have been ruined. Glorified be Allah, the Lord of the Throne, (High is He) above what they attribute to Him!
24. Or have they taken for worship (other) aliha (gods) besides Him? Say: “Bring your proof:” This (the Qur’an) is the Reminder for those with me and the Reminder for those before me. But most of them know not the Truth, so they are averse.
25. And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad (PBUH)) but We inspired him (saying): La ilaha illa Ana [none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allah)], so worship Me (Alone and none else).”
26. And they say: “The Most Beneficent (Allah) has begotten a son (or children).” Glory to Him! They [those whom they call children of Allah i.e. the angels, ‘Iesa (Jesus) son of Maryam (Mary), ‘Uzair (Ezra), etc.], are but honoured slaves.
30. Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?
34. And We granted not to any human being immortality before you (O Muhammad (PBUH)), then if you die, would they live forever?
36. And when those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah) see you (O Muhammad (PBUH)), they take you not except for mockery (saying): “Is this the one who talks (badly) about your gods?” While they disbelieve at the mention of the Most Beneficent (Allah). [Tafsir. Al-Qurtubi].
41. Indeed (many) Messengers were mocked before you (O Muhammad (PBUH)), but the scoffers were surrounded by that, whereat they used to mock.
44. Nay, We gave the luxuries of this life to these men and their fathers until the period grew long for them. See they not that We gradually reduce the land (in their control) from its outlying borders? Is it then they who will overcome.
45. Say (O Muhammad (PBUH)): “I warn you only by the revelation (from Allah and not by the opinion of the religious scholars and others). But the deaf (who follow the religious scholars and others blindly) will not hear the call, (even) when they are warned [(i.e. one should follow only the Qur’an and the Sunnah (legal ways, orders, acts of worship, statements of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) , as the Companions of the Prophet (PBUH)did)].
47. And We shall set up balances of justice on the Day of Resurrection, then none will be dealt with unjustly in anything. And if there be the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it. And Sufficient are We as Reckoners.
48. And indeed We granted to Musa (Moses) and Harun (Aaron) the criterion (of right and wrong), and a shining light [i.e. the Taurat (Torah)] and a Reminder for Al-Muttaqun (the pious – see V.2:2).
50. And this is a blessed Reminder (the Qur’an) which We have sent down, will you then (dare to) deny it?
51. And indeed We bestowed aforetime on Ibrahim (Abraham) his (portion of) guidance, and We were Well-Acquainted with him (as to his Belief in the Oneness of Allah, etc.).
60. They said: “We heard a young man talking (against) them who is called Ibrahim (Abraham).”
62. They said: “Are you the one who has done this to our gods, O Ibrahim (Abraham)?”
63. [Ibrahim (Abraham)] said: “Nay, this one, the biggest of them (idols) did it. Ask them, if they can speak!”
65. Then they turned to themselves (their first thought and said): “Indeed you [Ibrahim (Abraham)] know well that these (idols) speak not!”
66. [Ibrahim (Abraham)] said: “Do you then worship besides Allah, things that can neither profit you, nor harm you?
69. We (Allah) said: “O fire! Be you coolness and safety for Ibrahim (Abraham)!”
73. And We made them leaders, guiding (mankind) by Our Command, and We inspired in them the doing of good deeds, performing Salat(Iqamat-as-Salat), and the giving of Zakat and of Us (Alone) they were worshippers.
74. And (remember) Lout (Lot), We gave him Hukman (right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) and (religious) knowledge, and We saved him from the town (folk) who practised Al-Khaba’ith (evil, wicked and filthy deeds, etc.). Verily, they were a people given to evil, and wereFasiqun (rebellious, disobedient, to Allah).
78. And (remember) Dawud (David) and Sulaiman (Solomon), when they gave judgement in the case of the field in which the sheep of certain people had pastured at night and We were witness to their judgement.
79. And We made Sulaiman (Solomon) to understand (the case), and to each of them We gave Hukman (right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) and knowledge. And We subjected the mountains and the birds to glorify Our Praises along with Dawud (David), And it was We Who were the doers (of all these things).
84. So We answered his call, and We removed the distress that was on him, and We restored his family to him (that he had lost), and the like thereof along with them, as a mercy from Ourselves and a Reminder for all who worship Us.
87. And (remember) Dhan-Nun (Jonah), when he went off in anger, and imagined that We shall not punish him (i.e. the calamites which had befallen him)! But he cried through the darkness (saying): La ilaha illa Anta [none has the right to be worshipped but You (O Allah)], Glorified (and Exalted) are You [above all that (evil) they associate with You]. Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers.”
90. So We answered his call, and We bestowed upon him Yahya (John), and cured his wife (to bear a child) for him. Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear, and used to humble themselves before Us.
91. And (remember) she who guarded her chastity [Virgin Maryam (Mary)], We breathed into (the sleeves of) her (shirt or garment) [through Our Ruh – Jibrael (Gabriel)], and We made her and her son [‘Iesa (Jesus)] a sign for Al-‘Alamin (the mankind and jinns).
97. And the true promise (Day of Resurrection) shall draw near (of fulfillment). Then (when mankind is resurrected from their graves), you shall see the eyes of the disbelievers fixedly stare in horror. (They will say): “Woe to us! We were indeed heedless of this; nay, but we were Zalimun(polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.).”
104. And (remember) the Day when We shall roll up the heavens like a scroll rolled up for books, as We began the first creation, We shall repeat it, (it is) a promise binding upon Us. Truly, We shall do it.
105. And indeed We have written in Zabur (Psalms) [i.e. all the revealed Holy Books the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Qur’an] after (We have already written in) Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz (the Book, that is in the heaven with Allah), that My righteous slaves shall inherit the land (i.e. the land of Paradise).
106. Verily, in this (the Qur’an) there is a plain Message for people who worship Allah (i.e. the true, real believers of Islamic Monotheism who act practically on the Qur’an and the Sunnah legal ways of the Prophet ()).
107. And We have sent you (O Muhammad ()) not but as a mercy for the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
108. Say (O Muhammad (PBUH)): “It is revealed to me that your Ilah (God) is only one Ilah (God – Allah). Will you then submit to His Will (become Muslims and stop worshipping others besides Allah)?”
109. But if they (disbelievers, idolaters, Jews, Christians, polytheists, etc.) turn away (from Islamic Monotheism) say (to them O Muhammad (PBUH)): “I give you a notice (of war as) to be known to us all alike. And I know not whether that which you are promised (i.e. the torment or the Day of Resurrection) is near or far.”
110. (Say O Muhammad (PBUH)) Verily, He (Allah) knows that which is spoken aloud (openly) and that which you conceal.
112. He (Muhammad (PBUH)) said:”My Lord! Judge You in truth! Our Lord is the Most Beneficent, Whose Help is to be sought against that which you attribute (unto Allah that He has offspring, and unto Muhammad (PBUH) that he is a sorcerer, and unto the Qur’an that it is poetry, etc.)!”